PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 11:58
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Fly380,
No I don't think we were ever offered bid line. It is an extremely costly method for BA to roster crew.
I am crew but while pregnant I worked in scheduling and there were nearly as many flight crew schedulers as there were WW cabin crew schedulers doing our rosters.
On E/F we do get to bid for our trips now but it is not seniority led like the pilot bid. It is done by a computer trying to match your preference with the available trips in the system.

notelangley,
Even on Eurofleet we fly with different crew each day and we all just get on and do the job. Sometimes I know some of my crew and that is good and as I only fly on the Airbus, I often know the pilots which I find great because in my personal experience, the Airbus pilots are the nicest I have flown with in my 25 years of flying.
I have worked in Cabin Crew Selection in the past and cabin crew are specifically selected on their ability to communicate with people and their ability to get on and work in a team.

MCOflyer,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your flight with BA. It is also my experience that, whether a striker or a non striker, most crew are just as professional as they ever were. In fact, in general, we don't even talk about the strike to each other because no one wants to upset anyone else. I think this is why many of us post on here and other forums in order to get things off our chest.