PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weight and balance?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 10:20
trex450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pd2,
unfortunately it doesn't matter where people come on the foodchain or how professional people are (just because they are trained to be professional does not mean that there are not the odd few who don't act accordingly 100% of the time) there will always be some who like to throw their weight around because they think they can. Sounds like you got one there!

I had a similar case years ago when travelling with my year old child. The flight was delayed such that it was departing in the middle of the night, child had not slept yet so was grumpy but once on was happy so long as he was stood on my knees looking about. He was far from happy and vocal about it when sat on my lap with the seatbelt on. It goes without saying that all the other delayed, tired, grumpy pax were finding this an irritation as well. I had a stupid, impractical steward who tried to tell me to strap him in (in accordance with the signs) despite me repeatedly telling him that the engines had not even started and that for the benefit of everyone else concerned that he would stay standing. The steward was sat two rows away so it was easy to communicate with him. I did point out to him (very arrogant and uncoporative as it is to question what a member of the crew is telling you I know) that for the benefit of everyone within about 20 rows I would ensure that my child would be safely secured well before take off.

Last edited by trex450; 30th Sep 2010 at 10:31. Reason: addition