PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 03:58
Airman1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Response...

I went through Cathay's Stage 2 and Stage 3 on Sep 7th/8th. After going through their very rigorous process (same as what others experienced), at the end of the 2nd day, I was failed at the medical exam for having too short of leg lengths by 3cm (1.18in). I met the height requirement as written on their website (160cm)-- I'm 164, so I thought they were initially joking, but apparently, it did not meet the company's policy while that would not have prevented me from getting the medical certificate.

I just wanted to let you guys know that Cathay may have some stuff in their policy they could fail you based on. On my way home, at my home airport, I met their B777 chief pilot; he seated me in the captain seat with the seat adjusted; he said that I won't have problems functioning in the cockpit...

I had a conversation with some people at Cathay before I left; on that day, the company immediately added "may be subject to functional reach test" as one of their Cadet requirements on their website.

At this point, I have not heard a word from them, and I am thinking that they either haven't decided to officially reject me or haven't bothered to even send me a rejection letter. I am assuming that the company has its priority, and I am thinking that those who got rejected are not on their priority list...

Last edited by Airman1985; 30th Sep 2010 at 04:09.