PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Sep 2010, 22:41
Rover90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted yesterday evening in a supposed frivolous manner and it was responded to by "numberfifteenplease" in an equally frivolous manner and exception was taken by the mods so apologies for that.

As we move towards October, we are almost one year on since the "imposition" of 14 crew as opposed to 15 on a 744. That is almost £60 million savings on a year of operating.

I have embraced the change as a CSD and have to say that it is not a problem as long as the rest of the crew are up to speed as well. Have to say that the probable winner in all this is a Purser working down as main crew who works Upper Deck.

Wise words have been offered by some respected senior crew to "ptc" regarding his/her unbounding enthusiasm for MF, have to agree that MF is going to wear pretty thin for main crew in a short time having seen the package.

I now check in for a WW flight and all I sense is the issue of who went on strike and who did not. The strikers drawing strength from finding other like minded souls, the non strikers delighted to find that they are not alone.

Could we perhaps agree that the past industrial actions were not really effective in changing the management position. It is easy to blame that on the crew who did not take industrial action but one has to respect their right to choose to work just as they respect your right to take industrial action.

So now we are bogged down in events of the past whilst BA presses on with changes to future working that they could only have dreamed of in June 2009. I fail to see any influence being exerted by BASSA and surely that has been the case over the last year.

Indeed there would appear to be very few options left open to BASSA and because of that lack of direction, there exists a group of followers who have little focus other than the heady days of Bedfont and the camaradie they found there.

Is that less frivolous?