PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2010, 20:14
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you just bite the bullet and do your IR with the CAA and get a JAR licence?
JW411

I can answer that not as an FAA PPL IR but as a FAA ATP type rated and flying as a Captain on said aircraft for a living.

Firstly I have the licences required to fly what I do and that is FAA N reg jets.
What other licences do I actually require to fly N reg Jets? none of the EASA licences are relevant or have any legal place on a N reg Jet so obviously not EASA licences.

Will I be a better pilot for doing an EASA licence NO that is gained by flying my jet in all kinds of weather and destinations around Europe and the world (I have flown long distance ferries too as far away as the far East, south Africa and the USA)

But thats not the point my licences and experience count for almost nothing in this wonderful EASA land.

Sense would dictate at most a differences exam and flight test to convert.
The IR flight test would be fun and a piece of cake, (never failed a flight test yet!) but where does SENSE ever come into EASA land?

But in EASA land NO. 14 exams 6 months full time study and many thousands of £s to achieve what?

I dont want to fly for a European AOC and over 50 i cannot be asked to start again.

I am all for safety but frankly the latest satistics put FAA PART135 ops as safer than EASA AOC ops with FAA corporate Jets on the same safety level as Airlines with AOC a poor third. (check the figures)

So what is all this about and at what point do we in our industry say NO to this big brother organisation who regulate for the sake of regulating at everyone elses expense just to justify their own artificially constructed jobs.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 29th Sep 2010 at 23:28.