PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2010, 19:50
Contacttower
Fly Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you just slightly worried about putting your expertise on the line? Who knows, as someone has already suggested, you might even learn something in the process.
I'm not worried as such about putting my expertise on the line, although my single needle work would probably be a bit rusty I'd have to admit...

It's the structure of the whole thing that annoys me the most, I've just started the JAA IR ground and I was dismayed to find out the that next exams session that can be booked is in December! Why can you only take the exams every other month at one place in the country? OK if you do ATPLs you can take them at Oxford/Glasgow etc but I don't want to take 7 extra exams that I don't need...

I probably will take them in two sittings so that is four months from now before I can start the flight training. For the FAA written I studied for a few weeks and then went and sat the exam at Farnborough, I was told the result before I left (rather than having to wait 10 days ). It just seems absurd that the process of arranging to take an FAA exam in the UK is easier than to take a JAA one. In a sense it doesn't really matter, I'm not working to a tight timetable but when I start something I like to do it in no more time than is necessary. It's not the volume of material as such that I have a problem with, although a lot does seem irrelevant, it's all this stuff like paying for distance learning, having to pay £60 per exam to sit them plus the time scale just seems ridiculous.

The flight training on the other hand I'm actually quite looking forward to...