PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Sep 2010, 18:53
Desk Jocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave3 wrote:
I do believe I support BA I have worked for them for many years some times even unpaid. I voted as an individual to take part in Legal Industrial action which is my democratic right as a uk resident. I voted individualy as an individual who is part of a union. Had the majority vote not been in favour of strike action non would have been taken.
I truly believe that you HAVE been a BA supporter, but I'm sorry to say the moment you took you democratic right to choose BASSA over BA, you ceased to be a 100% supporter of BA, and will remain so until you accept that change has to come and that it can't be temporary, it must be permanent.

You mention radical changes, but you seem to have simply glossed over the fact that before the IA, NF had been removed from negotiations, and the "radical" changes you are referring to were the reduction of a single crew member. Losing money was inevitable and is a direct consequence of any IA.