PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Sep 2010, 18:51
Caribbean Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dave, whenever I did volunteer shifts I got paid whatever the shift allowance was at the time. Sometimes I worked during regular office hours, so no shift pay was received. The fact that some of these shifts occurred because of strikes was not particularly relevant in that I do volunteering whenever I can help out during a disruption - whatever the cause (for security, bad weather, T5 moves, strikes, volcanic ash, etc).

Nobody is questioning your support for BA when you put on your uniform, but the point is that you damaged BA when you didn't. You also say that you offered cuts. It's also been pointed out too many times that the pay cuts were only loans which Unite expected to be repaid in full (their words, not mine). The other cuts in costs failed to meet BA's requirements for permanent savings.

You say you went on strike to protect your T&Cs, but you - like other strikers - haven't given a cogent case for the strikes. If you have such a case then do present it, because nobody so far has been successful in doing so.