PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Sep 2010, 18:14
dave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Caribbean boy, I do believe I support BA I have worked for them for many years some times even unpaid. I voted as an individual to take part in Legal Industrial action which is my democratic right as a uk resident. I voted individualy as an individual who is part of a union. Had the majority vote not been in favour of strike action non would have been taken.
I went on strike to protect what IMHO is my T&C's that I have worked with for some 20+ years. Everyday I put my uniform on I support my crew and support BA. Just because I chose to stand up for what I believe in does not make me unsupportive of BA.. I/We gave up alot through stike action(please you will all have your own oppinions on that) but loosing money and loosing staff travel have all hit strikers hard. but we believe this company can be back to full performance with out such radical changes.. we did offer cuts I believe we need to change, but I also believe this is not all about change. For the people who went into work that was also your choice, did you do it for free? did you refuse the extras you were offered whilst working during the strikes?.. I doubt it. so please do not tell me that we do not support the company, there were lots of people that earned a lot of money by going into work during the strikes and lots of people that lost a lot of money.