PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2010, 17:19
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
.....sorry if i appear a little too negative, and certainly wasn't reacting to your post Pitot - was just remarking really on my observations with regard to what has happened out there in the marketplace since i started in aviation 10years or so ago. Admittedly i've only been flying commercially for about 3-4 years since i got my first job and in the biz-jet world and at my low level it can take an awful lot of positioning and general messing/buggering about to get the few hours i have today, hence my frustration at how the goal posts have now moved (again ! lol). Still, that's life i guess - and my only problem now is that with the hours i have, it appears that i am worth absolutely bugger all to anyone lol - i appreciate i am lucky to have a job, i genuinely mean that, but the frustration i guess mainly comes from how i was led to believe as we all gained experience, we should generally become more employable in the long-term etc. - seems now it has more to do with whether or not i can get the cash/loan etc. to move my career forward - and i'm not playing that bloody game for starters !
Anyone else out there agree or am i just a plain miserable old git ??