PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 29th Sep 2010, 14:15
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again,

As always I hope all is well and good, firstly I must apologise for the lack of postings during recent months. I did not really want to come on here and loath in self pity, I have recently returned to the UK and have been occupied with a course which will allow me to return back to Algeria if I don’t find any flying jobs soon.

Also have had my ME/IR renewed which is a big weight of my shoulders. Algeria was overall a great experience and a chance to get my hands dirty even for a little while. However as the above poster has said don’t look in Algeria for flying jobs. There isn’t any and if there was you would have to be Algerian. Can’t believe how fast I have used up my saving from Algeria, paying for the course, accommodation and the renewal.
I was recently invited to my first interview for a flying position which I didn’t secure, but either way am glad that I was invited a chance to get an insight into the process. I am now in the process of going of making a new plan of action, to try and get my first big break. I have spent the last couple of days travelling to some airfields to hand my CV around. I was thinking about going over to Indonesia to try and find work there but not too sure. I have been applying for engineering positions aswell.

I was wondering if you would be as kind as to advice me of what I should do next, as I feel like I have covered all my bases?

Many thanks in advance.