PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BARS and its effect on GA companies?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2010, 10:26
Grogmonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerobatic Archer

Mate I am sorry but with respect I have to correct you. As an organisation you cannot ring up and organise an audit that you are going to pay for. Conflict of Interest issues. So the normal process is that a mining company will request that you undergo an audit at their expense so that you can do work for them. I am led to believe that the most cursory audit of a small AOC holder will run about $5K and higher for larger organisations. Flight Safety International (not the simulator mob) are hawking the positive aspects of BARS to the big companies and to date I believe they have been very successful. There is a general consensus that this is the way it will be in the future.

It's not just about having your paper work in order as other items such as, aircraft age, check and training etc, will effect the end result. Piston engine aircraft are definitely not a priority. As stated above by various posters it will lift the game in GA. It just pisses me off that once again it has taken an outside influence to pick up the ball for CASA.

Groggy