PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hahaha you got to see this BBC reporter enjoying an F15 flight
Old 29th Sep 2010, 09:55
JEM60

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I sympathise hugely with this guy. When I was watching it the first time it was broadcast, he picked up a Video camera. I said to 'o ohh' that will do it. I was right. Many years ago, as a PPL, I made a video with my old instructor of an aeros trip. I spent the rest of the day lying on a bed!. I wasn't sick, but boy, when you look through a viewfinder, believe me, the nausea builds up extremely quickly. It was no surprise to hear him remark that he was fine until he used the camera!!. No visual clues as to what position your body is in, pushed this way and that. Not the drivers fault. The camera did it.
Bingo, after he barfed he was straight and level. We have no idea how long for, and any pilot who flies new pax in these circumstances knows damn well that he has to have the O.K from the passenger, after briefing them, as to what he is going to perform. If the reporter didn't want to continue, he would have called to knock it off.
I have it on very good authority that he thoroughly enjoyed the trip, apart from the camera business.