PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Airways ETOPS 757 Smoke in Cockpit/Cabin 1100 Miles Offshore
Old 29th Sep 2010, 05:50
bardos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This from an internet forum:

We went to Maui on this flight to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday and to renew our vows of 25 years. This flight turned into a nightmare with smoke not just in the cockpit but in the whole plane, very piercing loud noise for over a hour. Luckily they decided to lower the altitude but most of us had severe problems with breathing etc. We were told that a flight would be waiting for us from Phoenix, we lost a whole day, evening, problems with getting to our hotel in early AM etc. US Airways told the media that a flight was waiting for us which did not leave until 11:15AM. The stewardess tried there best but this was one of the most scarient flights we have ever taken. We were told we would all be given a call but still have not received a call. Please advise what compensation will be given as there were many pictures taken of the smoke in the plane. I have been having severe chest pains since this flight. I can be reached at xxx-xxx-0718. We thank God that we are still alive from this flight. Please advise of calls to all passengers and compensation.
Barb Hughes