PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsonite suitcases banned!
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2010, 05:14
Darkside2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500d2d......may I ask if you were ever part of his 'team'....or are you talking as an outsider? I consider myself fortunate to be part of his 'team' which saw the Hercules make great leaps forward in it's capabilities and what it was used for in Afghanistan 2003, Sierra Leone and then Iraq. He, in fact, stopped the 'country club' mentality and turned it into a very professional outfit....

As regards XV179, I am sure the personalities involved on that aircraft would have had their own views on their flt profile and chose to do the route they did, nothing to do with the current Staish's advice. For those that knew Steady, Gary Nic et al I am sure you will agree. The flukey shot that brought them down should be remembered for just what it was: a shot in a million....

Yes, he did hit a vehicle on T/O and I was airborne and in the vicinity to hear his mayday call.......He was blameless for that, the vehicle driver was at fault so please no mud slinging which is totally unjustified.....

Let's not let what started out as a fun comment about samsonites (and yes, mine too has remained well hidden out of view for a very long time...!) degenerate into a personal attack on a very capable individual....