PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Endoscopy (and I have read previous threads)
Old 28th Sep 2010, 21:45
gingernut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yes, the wonders of Midazolam.

One of the most fun experiences I've had recently, even when having a tooth extracted. The dental nurse was fantastic, and deep down, I think I still love her.

Bus 429, it does sound like your symptoms are quite benign, and it's likely that your GP has satisfied himself that there is nothing serious going on.

I think he may have referred you for an endoscopy because your symptoms have changed, which is probably fair enough. I'm not sure how the results will change the management of your symptoms though.

I hate to try and second guess my primary care colleagues, ('cos generally they seem to get things right), but if you are adamant that the next step forward shouldn't be an endoscope, then ask him about an alternative plan. (H2 antagonists,H-pylori testing etc.)

Be armed with information... CG17 Dyspepsia: quick reference guide
if you do decide to follow that route.

It may also be worth looking at any lifestyle changes that might help. Have you been advised about these, and if so have you given them a trial?

If the end result is that you attend for your endoscopy, it's not the end of the world. It's a safe, albeit sometimes uncomfortable, procedure . Keep us posted.