PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GI Joe Disarmed by Security
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2002, 17:58
Orca strait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tales from the metal detector

A great tongue in cheek article by one of my favorite scribes...
Mark Steyn - National Post I wasn't surprised to hear that airport security at Los Angeles had seized from a British granny the 2" toy rifle of a GI Joe she'd bought for her grandson. Nor by the news that security at Reno Airport inspected a woman's breasts to check it was only underwiring she had in her brassiere. Nor by the news that a Long Island mom boarding at JFK had been made to drink bottles of her own breast milk in front of other passengers to prove it wasn't a dangerous liquid. Here at the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, we regard these as important victories in the war against terrorism. Whether these three suspects are, indeed, the world's most wanted evil masterminds -- where's my secretary's Post-it note? Ah, yes, here we are ... Whether these three suspects are indeed the notorious Osama bin Lactate, Mullah Ol' Bra and Saddam Hippain it's too early to say, but we do know that it would have been all too easy to insert a toy miniature rifle in the top of the rubber nipple of a baby bottle, give it a surreptitious squeeze and send the plastic projectile flying into the aisle to give the stewardess a nasty nick in her pantyhose. The day that happens you'll know we're not doing our job.
Click Here for the Full Story