PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire Already
Thread: Retire Already
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 20:10
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an SO with a LONG time to the chance of command I think we need to be worrying less about the guys who enjoy their job and chose to work to 65, I hope I still like my job enough to want to do it when I am that age. We need to worry about things like cadets joining with thousands of hours but still happy to come to HKG with no housing, we need to worry about the company having our freighters crewed by another company, we need to worry about the new FTLs, we need to worry about our pay increase, we need to worry about the new housing deal that was meant to be extended to 25 years.

I honestly don't care if someone wants to work to 65, if I love my job when I am 55 I would hate to have to leave as that is not old enough to retire. Individuals look after themselves and that is the way it should be, you and your family are the most important people in your lives. CX knows this and that is why there are so many scales, expat, local, based, international cadet etc. We are not united and bitch about how other pilots are effecting our lives, it is not the individual pilot that is effecting your life it is CX.