PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta CRJ 900 diverts to JFK with right main gear failure
Old 28th Sep 2010, 19:33
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You folks who are confused about DELTA vs ASA...Listen up. If you really want to know, which is which as it pertains to your travels. ASK!!!!

ASK when you book the trip, and if you do it online...somewhere there is a guide to flight numbers and some numbers are codeshare with other regional airlines ( less preferable in my mind as a pilot of some 35 years) and MAINLINE DELTA.

why has this all happened...?????? MONEY...cuz YOU the passenger want cheap flights.

Iompasseo...very tacky about the FA's who are truly the unsung heroes. the pilots can hear the yelling of BRACE and they know the cabin is as well taken care of as time has allowed.

This whole landing is only slightly more than a non event. the gear didn't come down upon approach to white plains...the plane diverted to JFK...so there was time to think about what was happening and have CFR ready at JFK.

This wasn't a sully...I'd bet that this plane will fly again. this type of plane has the engines on the tail, not under the wing, and the damage seems to be slight.

this is not to undervalue the skills of the pilot, copilot and the FA's. Questions arise about the mx or manufacturing of course.

I recall when a 737-400 landed in the same manner and the only injury was the copilot jumping out the side window.

does anyone know if the plane in question evacuated upon landing, or was it a more leisurely exit?