PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 15:28
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Sorry Walter, but there is a fundamental difference between what you and I are discussing.

The evidence available does not prove conclusively CPLS was in ZD576 on 2nd June1994. It shows it was "cleared" for Chinook HC Mk2 some months later. Of course, I concede there is the possibility, perhaps probability, it was in ZD576 as a trials fit. And, as you know, I have been extremely supportive of your consistent claim that such an equipment exists, despite many here saying it doesn't. For what it's worth, my own opinion is the chances are it was fitted and it is the classified equipment alluded to by the BoI witness. (And the fact there was a classified equipment, on MoD's own admission, but no complementary section in the RTS, merely demonstrates the immaturity of airworthiness process).

On the other hand, there exists definite proof, in the form of internal MoD correspondence provided under Freedom of information, that the aircraft did not, even remotely, come near to satisfying the airworthiness regulations. What part of "Switch On Clearance Only" is not understood? It shouldn't have been flying. End of.