PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 28th Sep 2010, 14:54
dave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OPS what you say is correct nice to debate this with someone who was going through the same things at the time.. also with the change came the right of BA to withdraw the offer of any promotion..so many regional base members have done 20++ years and will never have the chance of promotion (I think it was the burford bridge agreement that was in place then )... You are quite right when you state tha LHR would not give up any slots to the Manchester crew to enable us to stay open.. we were told at the time " why should LHR give up any slots for anyone! they are our slots its our work.." lets not forget though that this was also backed by the company. We needed to look forward in order to stay employed.. and arguing with the company or the unions in london at the time would never have kept our base open. it does upset me though to realise that LHR crew are paid to do the shuttles now and are paid by the company to stay in hotels over night to do the work we did well at Manchester..
It still costs alot of the commuters a lot of money to commute.. I moved down however many had husbands /wives with buisnesses and also had family in the north and simply couldnt up and leave..