PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TMPFISH
Thread: TMPFISH
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 13:23
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
I doubt that you will ever find an approved flight manual which dilutes and confuses their intended procedures with a bunch of very misunderstandable letters. That's why the checklists are written so as to be clear, and concise - and they are Approved!

For those here who aspire to professional flying, why would you accept being taught the wrong way, only to have to undo that training later, and re learn the right way when you go to work right seat.

I can just imagine the pre takeoff pilot briefing.... Captain says: "This will be a departure on runway 30. Once airborne we will TMPFISH, BUMPFISHH, we will not HASEL, but then we will GUMP. Confirm the CODFISH is complete..."

Last week $4000 dollars of damage was done to a two crew aircraft when ground power was put to it, and a pilots had forgotten to turn off something, which then burned out. Pilots and their boss tried to blame the guy with the ground power plug. Ground power guy is not responsible for cockpit checklists, the pilots are! Perhaps the pilots forgot a "P" in "BUMFISH".

I write flight manual supplements, and they are approved. I write and approve placards. Please respect the consideration which has gone into these carefully chosen words, by using them as written..