PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax and Crew File Lawsuit Against Airbus
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 13:00
adsyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys (and girls) I am a bit of a fence sitter on this one.

I agree with TG and I also agree with Keg (including his praise of the contribution TG makes to this forum.)

My understanding, and I am happy to be corrected is that the Tech Crew did not instigate the legal action rather they were invited to join the class action. I am told that if this indeed ends in court the flight crew regardless of whether they are part of the class action will be in the witness box for the applicants and will therefore be cross examined by the defense team. This could be an unpleasant time with the defense team throwing all sorts of pressure on the flight crew. Again my understanding is the actions of the crew was perfect but a smartarse defense lawyer can make your time in the witness box particularly unpleasant.

My thoughts are if they are going to be called why not join the class action, if they are all in.(Flight Crew) Possibly cop a hammering by the defense which would happen anyway (called as witnesses) the difference being instead of being subpoenaed witnesses they might be in for a bit of a "drink" if it goes the applicants way. Why not?.

They are not suing there employer but the Aircraft Builder and a specific part supplier.

In saying all that if it were me on duty that day, would i sue? I honestly don't know.

I would hope that the thought would not even cross my mind and be satisfied that I went to work and did my job, but I honestly can't say that would be my answer.

I hope that this is not misconstrued as criticism of the flight crew (definitely not my intention)

It is just food for thought and a different angle to consider before we hang the crew.

As I said earlier I agree sort of with Terese Green but I also agree with keg and others. I hope it is a conundrum I never have to face.

Either way my colleagues will have my support whichever way it turns out.

Happy to be corrected if any of my assumptions above are wrong.