PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to EASA
Thread: FAA to EASA
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 09:22
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems a shame

I am all for higher testing to cut out the wage lowering riff raff. Bottom line in the USA there is a general disparity between Techs that change parts in MRO's and those who have solid systems knowledge who maintain aircraft from blue water to avionics day in day out..

Airlines provide continual training for most AMT's that provide more information than can be retained in our day to day lives and much of it is useless (those who can not do..TEACH) is the saying.

All that dope and fabric crap I learned in AP school decades ago is still being taught. Still doubt any CAA or EASA liscence was earned to teach a fellow anything more than years of systems training and experience will.

Most take issue with immigrant labor. The largest issue is un licenced labor working in repair stations... Globally.

I for one being a systems/avionics tech.. Blue water to avionics wish there was a global standard. Sure an A&P is a liscence easy to obtain... BUT only with the drive to do so. I am sure that there are as many slugs with a CAA/EASA liscence out there who did well testing but still can not T/S a problem for ****e.. Just a rant...