PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC History
Thread: ATC History
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 06:18
Minesthechevy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, since enough of you have told the truth about Jolly Jack to ensure that his lawyers are kept busy elsewhere, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I was a junior member of the ATC Tech Committee at LATCC in mid-late 73 (the title might have been summat a bit more complicated, because by that time the world and his poodle had a committee for something or other.....) it was chaired by TC, and Jack R was there as well.

99% of teh discussions did not need ATCA input, so I got to snooze a lot. One of the topics had universal approval, except Jack, and I remember TC losing his temper ( ie he raised an eyebrow) and said 'well it looks like 5 watches wwant to play ATC and Jack Reynolds doesn't'. Cue for one humble Assistant to try and be invisible whilst smirking....

Geoff Gillette - when he went to YooroControl eight of us rented his house in Preston. No, it wasn't an 8-bedroomed place, so it got cozy at times. There were 6 white stones outside the house, each with a letter, which gave the house name, 'LLADOS'. We assumed it was a welsh word until one day (or night, it IS possible that alcohol was involved) one of us realised it read SOD ALL backwards, and promptly rearranged it thus.

We had a 'Preston reunion' last October and went by to look at teh house. Remarkably, it is structurally intact still..... although the traces of the police cordon can be seen.....

Last edited by Minesthechevy; 28th Sep 2010 at 07:09.