PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's the bi-annual "Not enough parachuting" article
Old 27th Sep 2010, 22:45
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't hate all of you. I did tell everybody to stop picking on you guys in my last post.

Look, in the flying world there things called authorisation sheets. Lots of information gets recorded in these authorisation sheets, including the names of the crew. So it will be easy to find out who the big nasty navigator was who got his or her sums wrong that made the big rufty tufty paras land in the trees and start crying.
Were you as bright as you try to make out you might surmise from my nickname here that I have not only been a military parachutist, (ie: a para), but have also been military aircrew, (ie: "in the flying world"). Since you have failed to make that, most simple of connections, I am not at all surprised to see that you are unable to see that Paras dropped as much as a mile and a half off the DZ has nothing to do with how "rufty tufty" they are when they bitch a little and more to do with the most basic competence of the aircrew that dropped them. Let's face it, I'll guarantee they didn't miss their runway by a mile and a half when got home - or do you propose we light the DZ of our soldiers like a christmas tree in the future so they have a chance of dropping the troops in the right place?

Quit trolling... You're terrible at it...