PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 22:17
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a random suggestions as to possible airlines that Flybe could be looking at especially if it is a vehicle into Europe.

I think I picked up from previous comments both on here and in the media that Flybe had interests in developing in France and in mainland Europe.

So Cityjet as suggested high on the list.

Is BA going to have a long term interest in London City (excluding Long Haul service) with so much focus going to be on Iberia and BA combination. So if Flybe got bot Cityflyer it would have LCY wrapped up. Cityjet are said to have been losing money in recent years as the business travel market tightens up. So is BA Cityflyer any different or is this information available specifically?

Air Nostrum, would the link with Iberia bring an opening to know more about the Spanish regional operator? Is its flying similar to Flybe, niche travel on regional routes. Air Nostrum are witnessing Ryanair becoming very active on alot of domestic routes as well as the Ryanair return of a base at Valencia, I have a feeling that this may be a challenge for Air Nostrum.

In terms of the UK I can only see Bmi Regional and Loganair being the only likely candidates, has anyone considered Loganair?

Apart from that I think that KLM Cityhopper and Brit Air could be potentials. Outside of the above I cant see where else they would be looking.

EI-BUD