PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piped music on board
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 19:15
ihatechewinggum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piped music on board

I realise I might be in the minority here, but....

Does anybody else find music that gets piped into aircraft cabins intensely irritating? I came back on BA this morning from GRU to LHR, and for the last ten minutes of the flight we had a string orchestra with us in the cabin. I'm a professional pianist, so it's certainly not the music itself I'm objecting to - it's the idea that we're forced to have it there whether we like it or not, in an environment which already has its fair share of ambient noise. (Iberia is the worst in my experience when it comes to this - the last few flights I took with them the music was on for the duration.) I mentioned it to one of the CC as we waited to disembark, who indicated that she also found it stressful, as did several other passengers standing nearby. (Which sort of gave me the confidence to start this thread...) I'd guess that those people lucky enough not to be irritated by piped music would probably hardly notice it at all - which begs the question, what purpose does it serve? What's wrong with peace and quiet, at least as far as you can have in an aircraft cabin? And is it a new BA policy??? Hope not....