PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots wearing uniforms at airports
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 15:40
mattgitau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its suprises me the insecurities of so many on here (and it only seems to apply to Australia) - and how they consider themselves 'too cool' to wear their unifom - even when in the airport.

I can understand there are some valid reasons for not wearing it - i.e paxing after operating, and just wanting to remain anonymous or have a drink - but really, is it that big a deal. I often see crew in Hong Kong and London wearing uniforms whilst sitting in airport coffee shops, or even on public transport such at the Airport express or Heathrow Express - its really not that big a deal.

As for 18-wheeler - is it really that hard to either assist someone as best you can, or just politely apologise and tell them that your not based at LAX. You must be a prized tw@t, and must feel like the big man after your actions! I am frequently asked by passengers while walking through heathrow where such and such is, and its nothing, to try assist or a polite smile and small apology cant resolve - i consider it a common courtesy....I guess you are too cool to need to ask anyone for assistance.

I know there is a time and place for the uniform but dont see any problems with guys wearing their uniforms in or near the airport especially.