PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transport Canada Shares Blame For Accident
Old 27th Sep 2010, 14:51
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes - lets be exactly like AvCanada and delete every thread that even hints at the possibility of discussion against Transport or an operator who allows their flight crew to operate outside the rules. Who cares if the OP has two posts? - maybe they're smart and they think about what to say first, deciding they have nothing of value to add to a post - unlike 80% of the people over on AvCanada and about 20% of the people here who just shoot their mouth off.

Some of you need to grow a pair, seriously. What is the point in having open forums where people can express their opinion if you are just going to delete every thread you don't agree with?
Granted you cannot be blatantly blasting people as the law still recognizes libel and slander, but come on - none of that is going on here in this thread; and as far as I am concerned, Transport Canada is outside this scope because they are a government department which uses our tax dollars to operate, therefore they work for us (in theory) and are well open to a good, harsh handling by the users.

As for this discussion - Transport, the pilot and the operator are all in the wrong.
For one, the pilot was an idiot for operating in conditions where other pilots and dispatchers were saying no - there is experience and then stupidity - stupidity is disregarding the regulations while not listening to the others around you. Experience is knowing you can do something and realizing there is another day to do it. With his previous history, as written, he should have been grounded;
Two, the operator for allowing a pilot to continue flying with this guys history and for allowing their pilots to weeve in and around the rules as it suited them; and
Three: Transport, for allowing these BC float operators to play loose with the rules. I cannot even fart the wrong way without our POI wondering if there is a safety concern which mandates removing the OC from the wall so explain to me how in the hell is Pacific Region allowing these operators to continue when they are clearly, in my opinion, surfing around the rules?