PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC History
Thread: ATC History
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 14:18
Moldiold2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Along with Pelton I too was a 'socially disadvantaged engineer' in SADO but I never let it show to my much richer ATC colleagues!!
Ref Spud (aka Trevor Murphy) the tales about him could keep this forum going for years. My most vivid memory was acting as driver and baggage carrier at a trade day Farnborough (when NATS used to get an allocation of tickets) Spud made a bee line for the Air Macchi hospitality tent with me lugging his MK1 video camera and batteries. He walks straight in only to be greeted by all and sundrie as a long lost friend. This included their chief test pilot with whom Spud engaged in a long conversation in fluent Italian. We then visited the trade displays where he accosted the ex- JFC (A.F.) by smacking on the back and calling him several names you dont hear on Blue Peter. AF duly responded in kind and offered drinks on Plessey at the end of the show. Returning to the Air Macchi tent we imbibed in the free lunch and much wine whereupon Spud fell asleep at the table and missed the whole afternoons display and we missed out on sundowners with AF.