PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Checking in, and a question please?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 11:13
UKSquiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checking in, and a question please?

Hello all...great Forum.

I live a couple of miles from Newcastle Airport, and have always had a dream of working as a dispatcher/ Ground Handler.
After sending in a CV a couple of times in the past, without much success, I decided to do a bit more homework, and got wind of the Airport Environment qualification, which started on September 6th....sadly, it was September 23rd before I found out!!

After talking to a very nice lady at Servisair, I was also told that the Holiday season is over now (which makes sense) so I am kinda out of luck, until next year.

I am happy to wait until next year, but in the meantime, I just wanted to ask you guys, if doing this course would 'greatly' increase my chances in my application?...it's quite expensive, but worth it if it helps give me a leg up...especially as I have no experience in this environment.

I'm self Employed at the minute (hours to suit) so would be happy with just a seasonal position, though obviously, a permanant position would be the ace card.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any help / Advice / Sympathy gratefully recieved