PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Italia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 09:50
Knee Trembler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@SW1.

A good tip on the cube rotation is to imagine a pencil sticking out of the cube such that if the opening position is up, the pencil points vertically upwards and if it is right the pencil points horizontally right. Somehow, imagining the sweep of the pencil through the air with each rotation is easier than trying to picture the cube itself. Try it you'll see. And again, don't be phased on the day. The last run is almost impossible. I think they include it just to see if it is humanly possible. And make sure you are clear from which perspective the "forward" rotation is (i.e. is it away or towards the observer) I misunderstood this at first.

@ rubino

A good score at RMS is 4+. Here are a few tips to help with this if you are finding it difficult. Firstly try grouping the numbers into logical patterns. You are laughing for instance, if you get 325 (a BMW) or 767 etc. Assuming, that isn't the case try visualising the numbers in a rack four digits wide. As soon as the rack is full move this rack down in you mind and start filling the next rack directly above this. When the second rack is full, nod (yes really nod!). If your mind is like mine, you will immediately forget the first four digits but still retain the last four in your minds eye. In the worst case, the numbers will stop now and you will only get 4, but if you are lucky you will get between 5 and 8 as the new rack fills up. There are enough runs to easily get over 4 as an average. Incidentally, I tried variations of this method using three racks of three and two racks of five etc, but the two racks of four worked best for me.

KT