PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 08:23
Amigo ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Johnny Tightlips: you too! And I would never do anything that could hinder safety. I don't wanna be involved in an accident and I never play with safety. But there are many other ways to show my dissatisfaction when working on the frequency.

To Kick the tires: yes, I'm sad and in the brink of depression too. But if I take a sick leave Aena won't pay me for any of the days that I don't go to work.

To PA-28-180: hey, coincidentally I have about 80 hours as PPL in the type shown in your user name. Nice airplane, heh? About the issue, you're right, when someone is so profoundly discontent with their working conditions, they should leave. But believe me, I think that 90% of controllers in Spain feel the same way I do, do you expect all of us to suddenly leave?. It's a collective problem, not a personal one. And by the way several hundred Spanish ATC have actually asked to leave the company and are now involved in legal processes to receive a monetary compensation. Aena treats us like we're criminals but at the same time needs us. In any case, if I leave, the guy that replaces me would probably feel the same way about the job.