PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA audit of GCAA
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 08:18
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
pressure from the FAA to play to the same rules as their airlines (over their airspace), I guess there will be a effect.
You mean these rules:-

No certificate holder conducting domestic operations may schedule any flight crewmember and no flight crewmember may accept an assignment for flight time in scheduled air transportation or in other commercial flying if that crewmember’s total flight time in all commercial flying will exceed –

1,000 hours in any calendar year;

100 hours in any calendar month;

30 hours in any 7 consecutive days;

8 hours between required rest periods.
Then, when you get into things like Augmented crews, you find you can do 350hrs in 90 days (though the 1000hr limit applys).

Seems I have to regularly say this, but the FAA regs are no better, and I would argue generally worse, than the GCAA regs, even WITH factoring.

If factoring is going,(and it should, it is an aggregious p!22 take) then our regs are definatley more restrictive with a 900hr limit, and at worst a wash if they change it to 1000.

We are working far too hard, but I wouldn't look to the FAA as a white knight here (though if factoring is going and it's anything to do with them, more power too them.)

Now, could someone drop the FAA guys a line and get them to ask what GCAA thinks of the EK definition of "Sign on" and "Duty"??