PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transport Canada Shares Blame For Accident
Old 27th Sep 2010, 01:27
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon gang, most of this is just hostility toward TC. That aside, to quote Forest Gump (yet again) "stupid is as stupid does". This pilot sounded not only stupid but dangerous (with apology to his loved ones).

I personally don't want more government, more government intervention, regulation, regulatory oversight, prosecutions and court time, followed by remedial training and their associated costs, simply because some "nimrod" decides he's going flying when he should have known better. Let's not advocate a TC Inspector show up for each departure in Canada to review the Wx package and crew qualifications before deciding whether or not to let them go flying.

Frankly, you can't hang this stupid act on TC, or Pacific Coastal. The pilot of this Goose got what he deserved and it should require no gigantic production to remediate.

What angers me in all this is the fact that the innocent people who climbed onto that Goose weren't forewarned or knowledgeable about his reputation like so many others seemed to have been. But then again, I also feel sorry for the 50 passengers who needlessly lost their lives at Clarence Center, N.Y. in 2008. Look at the sh*tstorm that accident has caused.

No thanks.

Willie