PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's the bi-annual "Not enough parachuting" article
Old 26th Sep 2010, 22:48
Father Jack Hackett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barnstormer,

I'm so used to some of the mendacious nonsense that has originated from some of the green-suited fraternity recently going back to the old "utterly utterly useless" crack, I might appear to be a bit of a sensitive soul. However I'm sure you're not of that ilk so I apologise for flashing up.

I really would like to know how aware or otherwise the average brown job is about the current state of the RAF while it tries to provide the best support to the Army within considerable constraints. I get the impression that many just think it is the Air Force being utterly utterly useless. Under normal circumstances I'd dry my minge and live with being unappreciated, I don't need adulation for just doing my job and would lose little sleep over my service being dissed in the naafi/mess. However, in the febrile pre-SDSR environment, with the Army apparently in the ascendent, unwarranted gripes about the RAF within the upper echelons of the Army could well influence the outcome of the review with serious long-term implications for UK defence.