PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Sep 2010, 22:14
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
biteme, I'm glad that there is an opposing voice on this forum, who's willing to try to explain some of the things that are confusing many non-strikers. It's usually a one-way discussion.

I came into work because of BASSA's early refusal to negotiate, and then the announcement of strike dates, despite the leadership knowing that it would make the last minute BA proposal invalid. What are your thoughts on that? The only answer I've ever got before, was that the UNITE leaders and BASSA reps must have had very good reasons that were never made public. The problem was that I paid my subs for them to negotiate on my behalf, and consider offers before rejecting them. I resigned. Why did so many union members ignore this outrageous behaviour from people in a very elevated position of trust?

Please don't leave this forum. You won't find anyone being abusive or shouting you down. We're all interested in honest answers and debate.