PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas baggage handlers strike
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2010, 20:25
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I trust that you have lots of hard evidence because your posts appear fairly defamatory.
I also trust that you have taken this up with the TWU (assuming you're a member) and/or the police if you've evidence of criminal activity. Or are they all in the racket too? Maybe it's a Big Union Conspiracy (although the unions I've been involved with are generally incapable of organizing Labour Day sausage sizzles, let alone Big Conspiracies of any kind ).

The corruption in the outcome of the election is there for all to see.
Not really. I suppose you could argue that I'm not a TWU member and not entitled to see this stuff, but by posting these accusations you've taken it into the public arena. What's to see?

I came through the movement when people had views and principles
Two of those principles are public solidarity among members and loyalty to the union movement. Anonymously bagging the TWU out on a bulletin board with no back up evidence conflicts with those principles and only further undermines the movement's credibility with non-members. Before you accuse me of advocating cover ups, I don't. If there are issues within the TWU then they should be exposed and dealt with.

However, IMO this is not the place to do so. Responsibility falls to the members and (if they can't deal with it) law enforcement. A union is only as strong as its members, and if the best they can do is rant anonymously then the TWU probably is in trouble.

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 26th Sep 2010 at 20:43.