PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's the bi-annual "Not enough parachuting" article
Old 26th Sep 2010, 18:22
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Father Jack
You may find I am quite well informed after all, and maybe that is why I had " I have no beef with the fact that the RAF may not have enough resources to be able to do the training," in my post, as I am very aware of the state of the Herc fleet. I am also aware that the USAF has plenty of airframes to train our little Brit gaggle, plus nice weather, and plenty of experience.

So, bearing in mind: I know the K fleet is just about non existent, the J fleet is very busy, Our weather can often be poor, the USAF have airframes ready, they have better weather, they are very good at para training and have masses of experience, Para training is great to boost troops confidence/courage, which can be a battle winner etc etc etc

Feel free to tell me what I have missed, that makes me so uninformed (I take it you know all about the uses and enhancements that para training gives my fellow green brethren too). I have not even restated the part about the possible loss of AT financial support if para training were to go fully to the U.S.

I find it sad that I repeatedly support the RAF, but then still constantly see posts attacking other services, due to some in the RAF feeling a bit insecure!
It is just as silly for someone to say the army are happy with the amount of para training they have, or they would change it! If that were really true, then the RAF would also be happy with the diminishing flying hours aircrew get to train and stay current with (despite constant complaints from aircrew and even from NATO)

Rant over