PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's the bi-annual "Not enough parachuting" article
Old 26th Sep 2010, 16:51
jango999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the party line for the red arrows as well.

End of the day if a method of entry is being effected because the RAF cannot deliver the good, it leaves options for Operational infill limited.

I could imagine a squadron on ops in the planing stage for a PAF "hands up who is qualified to jump" and only two troopers stick their mitts up.

Its all well and good needing these display teams for recruitment, but in the same breath would it not put off a potential recruit when they read there is no guarantee you will get the full training to do the job required.
Just because the RAF are prioritising resources for the RAF publicity machine to drop in to a football stadium.

That was not the reason the RAF Parachute training school was set up at Ringway all those years ago, was it!

We ought to have a corps of at least 5000 parachute troops.....I hear something is being done already to form such a corps but only, I believe, on a very small scale. Advantage must be taken of the summer to train these troops......."

Winston Churchill April 1940.
I dont see a mention of a display team in that speech