PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's the bi-annual "Not enough parachuting" article
Old 26th Sep 2010, 10:00
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of an individual recently placed at short notice on the Para course and job done in 2 weeks of what he states was training second to none. He is in a post so established. The differance between UK and USA apart from climate is that the US has 3 x C17 fully committed to Para role which with weather that can largely be taken for granted does optimise the training potential. If there are individuals who wish the UK SF to subscribe fully to the US system rather then the UK system, there are better ways to staff this then chinese whispers to the daily rag.

I am looking forward to post SDR when self preservation rubbish such as this can be restored to its rightfull place; in the bin. I wonder if the US work on a supervision ratio of 1 on 1 which is how UK DZ operate when training. What UK Defence Plc do is awesome, and operating limitations are a factor of having the elastic stretched to breaking point across the piste.