PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 21:13
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
angelorange

I'm afraid I do not agree with your comments in response to mine. My post is still very current. All the airlines I stated are in the same situation today as I said.
The ones you refer to well here it goes. Emirates yes they are recruiting but it is Dubai based and I am afraid to say that there does not appear to have been much recruitment as a result of them recruiting. I know directly that Easy and FR lost a fair number of crew and yet will not recruit FO. Yes it will have an effect but not substantial enough for the UK to recover. BA not yet! Apparently 1st Oct though not official until their website opens. Therefore UK still in the same position. Virgin, again not yet and when they do you will need the best part of 4000hrs, also not in the numbers to make a significant change so many an FO stuck again. Openskies think it is 4000hrs again so as with Virgin. Crumbs they will definitely be and they will not change the Charters significantly as thy are a different business model and not seasonal as charter will always be.
Unfortunately the mind set of new cadets is not their fault but a combination of ambition and the sales pitch we are all fed to join them. They have you believing you can complete the training and go straight to jet. This is the way they sell themselves and their "approved" courses. The fact is that it still happens for newbies into the right seat of a jet and until our aviation laws change like those of the US and Canada, 1500hrs, people will always aspire to go straight there.
J2 are only doing what everyone else is doing and for as long as there are surplus crew available to jump in it wont change. Why would they? Yes the T&C's are not good and we are all being devalued however our time will come but not yet.
Good luck to all who accept as they will be in the right place to gain experience and time in the right seat for the market to change.