PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants to join CATHAY!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2002, 10:44
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ban is immoral and hypocritical. The AOA, which represents some of the best paid pilots in the world, has been taking industrial action against the Company for ten long boring years. The pilot body at CX is split, started with introduction of B scale, then basings, then ASL now this farce. During all the earlier company actions which caused those splits there prevailed an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude. The sad aspects of the dispute at CX, well the AOA think there is a dispute CX management probably don't, is twofold. First the 49ers have become martyrs to union ineptitude and second the real reasons behind the unhappiness are fading into oblivion. The industrial situation in Hong Kong has been touted as the reason why the union will not strike. Well that in itself is a fabrication. There have been strikes in Hong Kong, some even successful. However, under the contract terms for all CX employees either the employee or the Company can cancel the contract with three months notice or payment in lieu and no reason has to be given. Theres the rub. If the almost 400 of the 1600 pilots who seem to support ND to the point of lunacy follow him over the cliff they will be terminated along with the 49ers. The other 1200 or so pilots will keep operating, their positions will be filled easily and the Company will hardly even feel it. Probably help the bottom line. It's a pity to me that this post was raised in the Antipodean forum. Would have preferred the rubbish to follow my post to stay in Fragrant Harbour. Good luck to all. All CX courses are full to next year and the interviews are chocka block. I strongly recommend all who wish to join CX to, at least, come for the second interview and then make a decision based on information you can easily get from your fellow pilots up here.