PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Sep 2010, 15:34
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, from the QR website I read this.

Requirements for an SO position, "Fast Track".
  • Minimum of 1,500 hours in Modern Multi Pilot Turbo-Prop greater than 12,000kg MTOW
  • Valid ICAO ATPL or Frozen ATPL
  • Valid Class 1 Medical.
  • ICAO English Proficiency Minimum level 4.
  • Age below 35 years.
I fulfill all those requirements.

What's the time for upgrade to FO, because I really don't look forward to being p2x for a long time considering that I've been working as an FO for a while already here in Europe. I'm used to always sitting right and taking off and landing. Would they consider putting you on the 320 with those hours and if not, when would it be appropriate, average? I read that the 320 is not the best fleet lifestyle wise, but I'll suffer it for a while if necessary to get some time on a good jet.

The problem I have is that I already work for a really good company in Europe. So I'm trying to orientate to see if it's worth my effort heading down to the south. The problem I have here at the moment is one: Time to upgrade. I have loads of people in front of me and loads behind me. It's frustrating. Other than that I have zero complaints about my employer in terms of salary, scheduling, time off, etc.

Any advice?