PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Sep 2010, 15:17
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The behavior of my leadership team causes me concern, it seems to me that after two years of trying to implement change they have monumentally failed.
I think the point is that BA have imposed the changes that they needed and now they are forging ahead with New Fleet which will deliver even more savings.

the results of the ballot can’t be ignored.
Sadly for the crew, the vote can be and has been ignored, the strikes have changed nothing for BA, those who went on strike have lost ST and money.

We are judged by the actions of a few militants,
The militants are the visible face of BASSA and they are the ones that are both vocal and visible. It is a truism of any union movement that most members are not really engaged in the politics of the thing and it is easy for the leadership to be more extreme and more dogmatic than their members. So it is inevitable that people will judge you by the actions of the militants. If you wish to change this you will have to get the current leadership to act against their own interests and hold elections. You will then have to stand for these elections and become engaged yourself.

it is hard defending the corner alone.
PPrune is a forum where provided you stick to the rules and engage in the debate without straying from the subject or start to be rude then anyone can join in. So when you are a solo defender of a position, the rational thinker would re-assess their position. It is possible that your is the only correct line of argument, however, the odds are against it.