PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOR-Holdings (China)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 07:42
Jumb0driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Halfpenny's worth

I aggree with Clondnine. If you thought a NTR pilot is going to jump into a PIC job on the 744 in any airline, I think you are mistaken. And if being a Junior Captain for a few months put you off applying, then you have missed a great oportunity as it seems almost all the NTR slots are taken.

Junior captains get a package worth $15000/mo, and PIC's get $16200/mo. This is NOT a F/O or Cruise Captain job, you fly from the LHS and sighn the release, and the logbook. Log it as PIC if it makes you feel any better. Life in Beijing is "active" to say the least, and very affordable.

I can not understand the venom expressed towards VOR holdings, I have found them very pleasant and the company easy to deal with. If they were short with one or two applicants it is probably because of overwork as a result of the 3000 or so applicants they had for the NTR job.

Finally, if any US citizen thinks they can dodge taxes by using an offshore hiring company, think again. The IRS will find you and remove large sums from your bank account, it is not worth it. US Citizens are taxed on their worldwide income no matter the source.