PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 25th Sep 2010, 07:23
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
EXEZY,
I currently fly the 330 in the far east and am in the process of putting the aircraft on my JAA License, do you think this would cut the mustard or not in regards to the type rating requirement?
On the face of it, no, it would not cut the mustard. I suspect an application on that basis would get put aside at the first sifting. I'm not an Airbus operator, but perhaps someone can answer this - are A320 and A330 ratings treated as one and the same? I realise that there are likely to be plenty of similarities in the operation of both types, but if they are treated by licensing authorities as separate ratings, then my comments above stand.

However ..... you may wish to ask yourself if BA will get all the applicants it wants, appropriately rated and experienced. Will there be enough of the right sort of person? If you think not, perhaps BA may have to spread it's net a little further and wider. In which case, a current A330 rating (it is a twin-engined Airbus, after all) may be something that BA will go back to re-examine.

You have to ask yourself - do I risk annoying the recruiters by submitting an application that doesn't meet the advertised requirements, or do I take a chance and proffer my services in the hope that BA can't get enough of the appropriately rated applicants that it wants? If I do the latter, and not get in this time, do I spoil my chances of applying again later, when BA recruits again?

All food for thought ..............