PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting out of EK
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 04:41
Flyer1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this post a joke? Americans leaving EK just because Delta, Airtran, and JetBlue are hiring? Lets get real. Delta announced hiring 300, lots of those will be Compass and XJ flowthroughs. Rest are military and civilians from regionals and all other walks of life. They have 6000+ applications of heavily qualified people, and MANY of those with internal recs. Airtran? Hiring 160, and thousands of apps in already. JetBlue, a handful this year, 100 or so, and again, thousands of apps to the point they closed their pilot window online!

There are no jobs here, only a trickle, and for those few jobs, there are thousands of applicants already. You'd be willing to leave EK to come back to the US, only to face a furlough when this economy here goes double dip recession? Stay away. I thought people left to go to EK because they are just tired and fed up with what has happened to this airline industry in the US. Man if EK interviewed and hired me, I'd never look back. (And yes, I've already been to Dubai).