PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strategic Airlines
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 01:57
Thats what she said

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too true exgolfer

Golf Punk should not rely on ALL he hears in bars. Strategic nor anyone are under investigation for the original tender that created the current contract. The tender for the current contract was completed in 2008 and has never been called into question.

The antics of two defence force staff in 2005 and how Strategic dealt with them are what is under investigation, and a parlimentary review has been called for the antics of one of those same staff members and how Adagold dealt with him in 2010, but the 2008 tender has never been questioned from what I understand.

I can only guess that Defence have decided that to gain just 12 cubic metres of extra cargo space (the crux of the 2010 tender, I believe) through the use of a foreign aircraft and crew at circa 5M more per year, rather than using an A330 already registered in Oz and operating under this country's tight requlatory controls with all elements of the contract in place and a newly renewed 3 year AOC with zero restrictions, just aint value for money.

Have to say that I for one, as an Oz taxpayer, would have to agree.